Monday, October 01, 2007

Making Memories

As many readers know, my grandmother suffers from Alzheimer's Disease. Some members of my family and I walked in the annual Memory Walk in order to help raise funds for research, and even more importantly, for respite care. Each day, it seems that we lose more and more of my grandmother's stories and although my own Treasure Book tries to catch the snippets as she brings them up, I know there are many more that I have already missed.

The quote of the week comes from Ken Burns, who is referencing his latest WWII movie:

I'm in the memory business, and each time a person dies, it's a whole library of memories that leave.


Besides our writer's notebooks, what else could we do to help students capture memories - their own or those of others?

No comments: