But schools in New York State will be wrapping up soon and I am counting the days until the first of my nieces and nephews utters these words this summer. As much as they dread the routine of school, after a while there is only so much television watching - swimming - crafts - reading - iPod/DS playing that can happen before they utter those words. (And bless my mother for running her summer camp for them!)
If you need ideas to send home with your students or share with parents or maybe even for you - check out the links below:
- Printable journals - a list of journal prompts and activities you can print to encourage writing this summer!
- Summer Reading Recommendations - a list of summer reads for kids and adults collected by by virtual colleagues via Twitter!! And a great model that you could create for your school!
- Let's not forget the summer reading challenges from both Borders and Barnes & Noble - can't beat a free book!
- Over at Teacher ReBoot Camp - Shelly Terrell encourages folks to participate in the 30 day challenge (there is a free e-book!!)
- Locally, Mike Fisher has put together a Live Binder full of summer learning opportunities for teachers! Check out his Virtual Summer Camp!