Members of our family have never really been lucky in a "Whoa - I bought this painting at a garage sale and found an original copy of the Declaration of Independence" sort of way. But we sometimes win at raffles (strangely - mostly we win mirrors) and radio contests. As a young child - "A Star Wars Christmas" was one lucky prize and the top hit? The title of this blog post!!
It made me think about what you get a literacy geek for Christmas when she already owns several blank notebooks, very comfy and colorful writing pens and more highlighters than should be allowed one person. And so - here is a list for all those teachers/literacy geeks in your life!!
1. Where the Wild Things Are Notecards - or other cards from your favorite children's books. This just happens to be my personal favorite!!
2. Mini-magnetic file folders: These are great! I have a habit of making notes on small pieces of paper or clipping out photos to put into my writer's notebook and then losing them. These help catch all.
3. Smencils - yup! You heard me! Smencils!! Imagine writing with a pencil, Number 2 no less, and smelling cotton candy or better yet - chocolate! Makes assessment season a bit more palatable!
4. The T-Shirt that captures it all!! Of course - this is just one of the many shirts that are perfect for the gym or lounging around the house blogging that you can find in this catalog!
5. Kindle!! I have to admit that I am longing for this little gadget!! Best sellers for $9.99 - newspapaers and blogs on demand - same size as a paperback - what more could you ask for?
These are my top five - if you have other ideas, I'd love to hear them!!